Causes of Anxiety Disorder
Here in this post, we are providing ‘Causes of Anxiety Disorder‘. You can discuss more your concerns about mental health in our community, and we will provide you with tips and solutions in a short time. Keep visiting Mental Health.
The actual causes of anxiety disorders are not clear. Various factors contribute to developing anxiety disorders. Causes of anxiety disorders are as follow
- Brain Chemistry
- Environmental Stress
- Drug withdrawal or misuse
- Medical Condition
Anxiety disorders are due to genetic factors. It runs in the families. It transfers from father to son or mother to daughter.
According to research anxiety disorders may be occurred due to problems in brain functions. The circuits of the brain that control fear and emotion become faulty due to which anxiety disorders occur.
An anxiety disorder may occur due to stressful life events in a person’s life such as childhood abuse or neglect death of a loved one, physical violence.
Drug withdrawal or abuse
An anxiety disorder may occur due to certain drug withdrawal or abuse. Some drugs used to reduce anxiety symptoms. For example, anxiety increases due to alcohol abuse.
Prolong and persistent stress is responsible for changes in chemical balance that controls your mood. Experience stress for a longer period of time causes anxiety disorder.
In some people, anxiety occurs due to medical conditions. In some cases, the symptom of anxiety is the manifestation of medical illness. It’s important to get a full physical exam to rule out other medical conditions when talking to your doctor about anxiety.
Following are the examples of medical illness that can be connected to anxiety included
- Heart disease
- Lung disease
- Thyroid problems, such as hyperthyroidism
- Chronic pain or irritable bowel syndrome
- Respiratory disorders, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma
- Rare tumors that produce certain fight-or-flight hormones
- Withdrawal from alcohol, anti-anxiety medications (benzodiazepines), or other medications
- Drug misuse or withdrawal
Sometimes anxiety is due to side effects of medication.
It might be possible that anxiety is due to any medical condition if
- No history of anxiety disorders presents in parent and sibling.
- Absence of anxiety disorder in childhood.
- Due to anxiety, avoid certain things and situations.
- Sudden onset of anxiety without the link to any life events.